On November 14th 2017 Deloitte organised its Fast 50 event in Brussels, Belgium. That evening the fastest growing tech companies were celebrated. Part of the event was dedicated to the upcoming ventures, the Rising Stars. After a preselection from more than 60 candidates the final 10 were invited to the Finals. Here they pitched their story to an independent jury :
- Duco Sickinghe, CEO of Fortino and former CEO of Telenet
- Veroniek Collewaert, Professor in Entrepreneurship at Vlerick Business School
- Omar Mohout Professor in Entrepreneurship at Antwerp Management School
- Ben Piquard, CEO & Coach Principal at LeanSquare
- Heidi Rakels, Co-founder & CEO at GuardSquare
- Christian Reinaudo, CEO at Agfa-Gevaert
- Dieter Neirinck Head of Business Development Wholesale Banking at ING Belgium
- Nikolaas Tahon Managing Partner Deloitte Accountancy and Deloitte Private Leader Belgium
This jury selected Zensor, a Spin-Off of VUB (Brussels), as being the Most Disruptive Rising Star, while Spott was elected The Rising star. At the same event Teamleader was selected as the fastest growing Tech company in Belgium.
The jury appreciated the evolution of Zensor into a company offering complete solutions for continuously tracking the health of industrial structures and installations such as bridges, tunnels, offshore and onshore wind turbines as well as chemical production sites. Through continuous R&D and collaboration with its customers the initial offering has been expanded from mainly corrosion monitoring to the full spectrum of factors that influence the safety, operational life and maintenance of the installations targeted. This approach is entirely in line with the ever increasing need for more sustainable infrastructure.